ENGLEWOOD, Co. — I remember distinctly the first and only time I outsmarted Peyton Manning. It was during a practice in 2013, my second season in the NFL. I had come to Denver from Jacksonville hoping to make an impact on special teams, but I found myself obsessed with performing well on the “show”—the scout team defense. I wanted to understand our quarterback’s pre-snap checks that were baffling the NFL that year. I wanted to beat Manning in my own small way….
- Anything but ordinary: Tim Patrick's route to starting in the NFL
- Broncos acquire OLB Stephen Weatherly in trade with Vikings, place ILB Micah Kiser on IR
- Next-Day Notebook: Lack of fundamentals 'most concerning' in loss to Browns, HC Vic Fangio places onus to improve on coaching staff
- Injury Report: Jeudy expected to return vs. Washington, Purcell dealing with thumb injury
- Mile High Morning: Sutton, Surtain, Williams earn praise from Pro Football Focus in loss to Browns
- Broncos falter on both sides of the ball, suffer 17-14 prime-time loss to Browns