ENGLEWOOD, Co. — I remember distinctly the first and only time I outsmarted Peyton Manning. It was during a practice in 2013, my second season in the NFL. I had come to Denver from Jacksonville hoping to make an impact on special teams, but I found myself obsessed with performing well on the “show”—the scout team defense. I wanted to understand our quarterback’s pre-snap checks that were baffling the NFL that year. I wanted to beat Manning in my own small way….
- 'It's just a battle': TE Nick Vannett headed to Denver to help Broncos' run game
- Sacco Sez: John Elway's two biggest drafts
- Shelby Harris returned to Broncos to 'be a part of something special'
- The best Broncos moments to watch during NFL RedZone's replay of 2019
- Evaluating the Broncos' Day 2 options for the 2020 NFL Draft
- Mile High Morning: Be like Peyton Manning — donate blood to help your community during the COVID-19 crisis if you're able