ENGLEWOOD, Co. — I remember distinctly the first and only time I outsmarted Peyton Manning. It was during a practice in 2013, my second season in the NFL. I had come to Denver from Jacksonville hoping to make an impact on special teams, but I found myself obsessed with performing well on the “show”—the scout team defense. I wanted to understand our quarterback’s pre-snap checks that were baffling the NFL that year. I wanted to beat Manning in my own small way….
- Sacco Sez: Cast your vote for the Broncos Top 100
- Could an improved defense lead to sustained success for the Broncos?
- Broncos, Briefly: Friday, May 24, 2019
- First-round pick Noah Fant signs rookie contract
- Broncos, Briefly: Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Big goals and big aspirations: How WR DaeSean Hamilton plans to live up to his own standards after falling short as a rookie