ENGLEWOOD, Co. — I remember distinctly the first and only time I outsmarted Peyton Manning. It was during a practice in 2013, my second season in the NFL. I had come to Denver from Jacksonville hoping to make an impact on special teams, but I found myself obsessed with performing well on the “show”—the scout team defense. I wanted to understand our quarterback’s pre-snap checks that were baffling the NFL that year. I wanted to beat Manning in my own small way….
- Current and former Broncos mourn the passing of NBA legend Kobe Bryant
- Statement from Peyton Manning on Kobe Bryant
- 'He has nowhere to go but up': Courtland Sutton wowing AFC teammates at first Pro Bowl
- Von Miller taking young pass-rush stars under his wing at 2020 Pro Bowl
- 'It's been a heck of a run': Peyton Manning offers tribute as brother Eli retires from NFL
- Elway: Pat Shurmur's experience, past success make him 'good fit' to be Broncos' OC