Brandon Marhsall Bio #54
Brandon Marshall is a seventh-year linebacker and locker room leader, who played 63 career regular-season games (56 starts) and seven playoff contests (4 starts) during his NFL seasons with Jacksonville (2012) and Denver (2013-17). Marshall opened all 16 games played for Denver in 2017, registering 106 tackles (75 solo), one forced fumble, a defensive TD and four passes defended.
Brandon works tirelessly in the community and with local area law enforcement during both the season and off-season, to invoke social change and various children related causes and mentoring; including work through his foundation, the Williams-Marshall Cares Leadership Program.
The vision of the Williams-Marshall Cares Program is to see that every child in America becomes a future leader based on seven core principles of: faith, hard work, dedication, perseverance, integrity, honesty and respect. The Program is designed to encourage boys and girls age 14 -18 living in Nevada and Colorado to be responsible leaders through acts of service and dedication to their education, goals and new experiences. Most recently, hosted his first Brandon Marshall’s Night of Love & Laughter event, where almost $15,000 was raised to help foster this mentoring of youth.
- Received the 2017 Alumni of Color Courage Award from Harvard
- Received 2017 Leadership and Legacy Chairman’s Award
- Voted by his teammates as the co-recipient of the 2015 Ed Block Courage Award after coming back from a foot injury to post his second consecutive 100-plus tackle season.
- Selected by the local media as the recipient of the Darrent Williams Good Guy Award in 2015, given annually to the Bronco who best exemplifies Williams’ enthusiasm, cooperation and honesty while dealing with members of the press.
Marshall was a four-year starter at Nevada, where he totaled 259 tackles (145 solo), 40 tackles for a loss, six sacks, three interceptions, seven fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles… Made 102 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss as a senior… Earned second-team All-WAC honors from Phil Steele Publications.
- Recorded 10 tackles (8 solo) and one sack vs Buf. (9/24)
- Recorded 6 tackles (5 solo), one sack, one fumble recovery and one pass defense vs Phi. (11/05)
- Recorded 10 tackles (7 solo) vs N.E. (11/12)
- Recorded 9 tackles (6 solo) and one pass defense vs Was. (12/24)
- Recorded 12 games with 6+ total tackles